Today is as good a day as any to decide to start. Start what you might ask?
Start something. Start anything that you’ve been putting off for any amount of time. In the context of health and fitness, starting can happen in many different forms.
We’ve talked a lot about whys in the past week, so today let’s turn our attention to the whats and hows. Now that you’ve decided why you want to be a stronger you, the whats and hows start to lay out the strategy and tactics of how you’re going to achieve your why.
Just like your why, your whats and hows are highly personal and the whats and hows that work for someone else, will not work for you unless your goals are in alignment.
Often there can be many hows for any one what. Some whats will be more general and others more specific. So lets take a look at what these whats and hows might look like.
Start prioritizing your health and fitness.
- Proclaim your commitment to the world.
- Join an accountability group.
- Hire a coach to guide you and help you set priorities.
- Make healthier food choices.
- Exercise daily.
- Ask your family and friends to support you in your endeavor.
Start a daily movement practice.
- Join a gym.
- Wake up earlier and workout.
- Walk after meals.
- Practice yoga.
- Take the stairs instead of elevator/escalator.
- Join a sports team/play a sport.
- Try some new form of movement.
- Put your daily movement practice on your calendar to ensure it happens.
Start drinking more water.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal.
- Drink a glass of water right when you wake up.
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times.
- Drink tea.
- Infuse your water with fruit/veggies to make it taste more palatable.
Start getting more sleep.
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier every night until you get to 8 hours of sleep.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Turn off electronics one hour before bed time.
- Use a sleep tracker to measure how much sleep you are getting.
You should be able to see pretty clearly now how you can get started on something today. Even if you don’t take action today, starting to strategize on a plan of action is a start. After all, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
If finding your starting point is something that causes you stress or anxiety or simply something you feel you do not have time for, Stronger Me coaching can help you find your appropriate starting point and layout the whats and whys with you, helping you more easily navigate from point A to B and beyond. Coaching will also give you the accountability you may be seeking to ensure your success. We all know staying on course can be a difficult thing on your own. With a coach you will have someone on the journey with you, encouraging and motivating you to stay the course.
So what are you waiting for?
Be Stronger starting today!